Movie Effects

For class, we were to pick a movie and talk about what the target audience was in our opinion and how it affected that target audience, I chose the movie “Cast Away.” Down below is my response about the movie and feel free to comment on this post to let me know what you thought about it and if you agree or disagree with my statement.

For my movie impact, I chose the movie “Cast Away” featuring Tom Hanks. The reason I chose this movie is because it really spoke out to me of how quickly things can happen without you expecting it and how even though he was gone for about 4 years, he still remembered his life and the people in it. The target audience for this movie in my opinion would be young adults around the age of 20 and 30. The reason I say this is because around this age, it is when people start considering travelling and possibly getting married. This movie is all about a man whose plane crashes and he survives on an island for about four years. I think this movie shows how something can happen so unexpectedly and how you are taking risks all the time and I feel that it also shows how strongly he felt for his wife which is exactly why I think the target audience for this movie was around the age of 20 and 30. I feel this movie appealed very well to this target audience because Tom Hanks is playing the role of a man around the age of 30 and I think because of this, it spoke out to this audience way more. I really enjoyed watching this movie because it really gives the audiences a clear picture of how people can survive from a normal day routine to having nothing and living by yourself.

Image Source- Cast Away